Monday, August 21, 2006

Here I am...

So I am finally at Belhaven! And it's been fun so far - at first it was difficult - not knowing anyone, Elisabeth never around, and wondering how this was going to all pan out. Then my parents left on Sunday, and I thought that would be awful. It was hard, and I felt very alone as I walked back to my room, struggling to keep my emotions in check. I sat on my bed and really battled between feeling sorry for myself or trusting God. I think God won out - I worked at organizing my room to keep my mind off it, and then I decided to visit some girls in my dorm. That was a great afternoon. I met so many sweet people and had some great conversations, and I was so blessed even in that short time frame between saying goodbye and dinnertime. Since then it has been great. I am getting acclamated and meeting new people everyday...
however, today really has been a test and I am afraid I haven't had the best attitude - I had a horrible experience registering for classes and becuase I had to wait so long, (several hours) all of the convenient classes were closed so I have to take night classes. Which is awful. three of those babies do not fill one with joyful anticipation for the semester. I know my attitude was not the best when all is said and done...and that is very humbling.
But it is turning into a great experience and I look forward to the people I will meet and the relationships I will develop. Thank you for your prayers! I miss everyone back home very much.

3 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 7:38 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

you are such an encouragement!!! I'll be seeing you often, I'm sure. btw, I really enjoy your computer...

 
At 8/21/2006 8:32 PM, Blogger MM said...

Hey Lea-
Thanks for an update on your first few days. Such memories of my first week at college! I'm sorry to hear about your night classes. :( Sometimes the atmosphere around those classes is pretty casual, though, so maybe that's a perk! Praying for you and Elisabeth.... (make sure you bug Lizby soon and often!)
Love, MM

 
At 8/22/2006 6:20 AM, Blogger Linda said...

YEAH... THanks for posting. I was hoping you would. It is great to hear how you're doing. Steve and I saw your Mom at church yesterday. She said she thought your trip went well.. and it was a healthy ammount of sadness/excitement from both ends. :-)

I think it is pretty sweet that unlike me.. you will be walking and taking the good (making friends) and the bad (having night classes or waiting in long lines) in light of the gospel and the sovereignty of God. I was not like that... I used and blamed people.. and left a wake of wrath in my way for the smallest of things.

We are praying for you!!
Love you...
LET

 

Post a Comment

<< Home