Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Classes start tomorrow!

One thing that I love about this school is the Christian leaders - today we had our last orientation session and before we left, the man in charge of the whole orientation committee gave a very strong challenge to the men and women indiviually. First he challenged the young women to be women of inner beauty who make wise choices in relationships and time management and every other decision we are presented with. He encouraged us to always remember that if we are in Christ, we are valued and loved by Him and we are truly worth something. That was so encouraging to me. In these settings where I don't know many people, it is so easy for me to seek attention through my appearance or my personality, at that just leads to a depression if I feel that I don't measure up. But in Christ, I do. I am His beloved child who will spend eternity with Him. It was a very good reminder.

He also spoke to the guys, which was awesome to hear, and he challenged them to be young men who are meek and pure, who live to serve Christ in a holy way, instead of falling into sinful patterns of thought or lifestyle. He was right on - it reminded me of Wes. And I was just so encouraged to realize that there are strong believers everywhere - even in the Deep South. It was really cool.

Tomorrow classes start. Although I was able to get the night classes worked out, I realized this morning that I have an 8:00 a.m. class everyday, five days a week. Oh well, nothing is perfect. I think I'm going to get breakfast food and keep it in my room so I don't have to waste time getting bfast in the morning.

One thing is for certain. I am not going to gain the freshman fifteen at this school. The food leaves much to be desired. I live on salad and yogurt. I can't even splurge and drink the sweet tea, which I love, because it gives me a very upset stomach (I can't figure out why). Today I was so desperate for something good to eat that I grabbed a doughnut with my yogurt. Even that was terrible. So dessert is also safe from me.

However, putting the food and morning classes aside, this is a great place. The people, on the whole, are wonderful. I am looking forward to getting involved on campus and meeting more people. I think once classes start I will finally feel like I belong, and I will also be very busy. But that's what college is all about. I miss everyone!

2 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 11:37 AM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

Pardonnez moi, mon blogue est bloquee pour le moment. Vous vous trouveriez sur mon [[blogroll]] quand Google me le permettera. Desole. Ou sont mes accents???

 
At 8/25/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Lea said...

Je n'ai pas des accents, aussie. C'est cool. Tu es (forgiven).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home