Friday, September 01, 2006

Labor Day Weekend!

I am so glad it is a long weekend...it is kind of weird though because half the campus left. Well, I am still here. Tonight I am going to do some studying, and tomorrow morning. I want to get it all done so I can relax a little. I am going to write for the school paper, so that should be fun. I found facebook, which probably is a bad thing. I don't have many friends, unfortunately. Elisabeth has many more. And she always counts both of ours to see who has the most...heh heh.
I am kind of evaluating myself and how I am processing. At first, after my parents left, I had a lot of fun and met tons of cool people. Then I kind of went through a lull, and I started getting depressed becuase I felt a little out of the social group. I think I am stabilized now. At first, all I wanted to do was meet as many people as possible, and when it stopped happening, it was disappointing. But like I said, I feel more established and confident now. I am the kind of person who doesn't process these sorts of things very calmly and rationally. I always over react (is that one word). It's kind of hard to explain, but I guess what I really mean is that, in stressful situations, I am either really high or really low. And then I stabilize eventually, though not for very long. I guess I am not very calm.
It is true that you learn tons about yourself in college...
In terms of homesickness, it is definitely getting worse. Let me clarify - at first I was sad when I thought about my family, but I was so busy with meeting people and dealing with the whole college thing, that I never thought about them super-long and I tried not to think about them - I kept a very tight clamp on my emotions. Now, when I think about them, I am not necessarily sad. I just really miss them, and I miss seeing them and talking to them. I also miss Vermont and CMC a lot too. So it isn't so much a sorrow, more of a longing to be back there.
Well, I am going to go eat dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home