Monday, September 25, 2006

I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore. But here is a new note I wrote for facebook that I thought I would share here.


Poetry
5:29pm Sunday, Sep 24 Edit Note Delete
So here is a problem I have. First of all I wish I was a poet. But I don't think I am. I don't think I have that profundity. Secondly, I can never think of titles when I write poems. Probably because they just spill out and I don't bother to clean them up and such. But... I am going to put some poems up here. And hopefully people will comment and tell me what they think. I don't really like to share my poems since they are so personal. But I will put a few on here...

This one I just wrote. It has no title.

It’s a bubble escaping from the
Pain of knowing that
Love - don’t think the word, it can’t be,
She said so softly a whisper in the sunlight, in the
Wind through my soul,
My head bent against the chill.
She said so softly, can you hear?
Her eyes deeper than the earth emptier than
An empty starless sky
She said
No

This one has a title, but not a very good one. I couldn't think of one. I wrote this a year ago. The structure is called a villanelle.
I Dream…

I dream deep dying phrases alone and still –
Bleeding milky white and crimson gray
When I find you huddled here, a frosty chill.

In silence, cold love’s trembling arms fell
Across your body, into the strength that lay
While dreaming dying phrases, alone and still.

Soft loneliness spoke, in sleep the helpless bending of the will
Occurred and left me waking, sobbing in the haze
As I found you huddled near against the chill.

But hope is naught, for how can you retell
(In bedraggled desperation I beg the gods to pray)
The deepening desires of phrases dreamt alone and still?

And though I often fear the dreadful meld
Of sleeping bodies, thoughts invisible in the day,
I still have found you buried here; a long-forgotten chill
Of deep dreamt phrases waiting, alone and still.

Well there are some poems. Hopefully no one will plagiarize them.

4 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lea
I read your posts!!!

And your poems are beautiful!!! Keep at it gal!!

BTW I would totally be on facebook but I don't know my "ccv" e-mail addy and I can't join because you need a "college" e-mail address! blah...

 
At 9/27/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Lea,

Your poems are great!! It's fun to see who has a blog on her from church and see what everyone's up to. :-) Hope you're doing well.

Sarah

 
At 10/30/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Hey, great poems...! Sorry I obviously haven't read your blog in awhile. Um, you can get protection for your blog, too, if you want. It's pretty easy.

 
At 4/23/2009 11:14 AM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

blog some more!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home